About the University of Alaska Anchorage:
The University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) Goose Lake Campus is located in Anchorage, Alaska. The attractive wooded campus, at the foot of the Chugach Mountains, serves as a cultural hub for the city. Careful development has left the campus an urban oasis with resident wildlife populations including moose, waterfowl, and birds. The College of Health (COH), one of seven UAA schools and colleges, is a major center for development and delivery of professional, career and technical, community, and continuing education programs. In keeping with the mission of the University of Alaska, COH has a commitment to innovation and flexibility insuring high quality education, and training is available to all who have the ability and interest to pursue an education or profession.
The School of Allied Health of the College of Health offers Occupational Endorsement Certificates, Undergraduate Certificates, Associate of Applied Science degrees, and Bachelor degrees.
- Excellent customer service skills, including a high level of phone etiquette and in-person reception skills.
- Confidentiality and professionalism is required at all times.
- Knowledge/ability to use Dental Office systems.
- Knowledge of relational databases and computer programs.
- Basic fiscal skills.
- Ability to use computer scheduling programs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain files and record keeping systems.
- Ability to lead students and temporary staff.
- Two year office/administrative experience.
- Substantial clerical/reception experience in healthcare including experience with electronic health records is preferred.
- Previous or recent dental office management experience including supervising and/or setting priorities for staff.
- High School graduation and two year office/administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Associate degree.
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH).
To be considered for the position, applicants must upload the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter highlighting qualifications that meet the specific requirements of this position
- Comprehensive resume
This is a full-time, Grade 76 ($19.15/hour minimum),10-month position (mid-August to mid-June), complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package. This is an open until filled recruitment with the initial application review taking place on November 22nd, 2019.
Non-Represented Staff (Probationary Period):
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Pursuant to Board of Regents’ Policy 04.01.055.B, temporary, extended temporary, adjunct, student, casual labor, regular new hire probationary employees, and those positions designated by the presidents as officers and senior administrators of the university are employed at-will.
UAA Campus is a tobacco free campus. For more information, please go to: http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/tobaccofreecampus/
Notice of Nondiscrimination:
The University of Alaska is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. The University of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University's commitment to non-discrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA's statement of non-discrimination available at www.alaska.edu/titleIXcompliance/nondiscrimination.