SUMMARY:Provides culturally and linguistically responsive dental care coordination, community outreach and oral health education activities to children 0-20 who are eligible for Medi-Cal.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Performs community outreach to and plans community events for targeted groups and/or individuals.
2. Assists families in overcoming oral health access barriers.
3. Links families of dental health care services and dental insurance resources.
4. Prepares and translates educational and other resource materials for specific targeted population.
5. Attends and participates in staff conferences, supervision and collaborative meetings
6. Pre-screens clients to determine oral health care needs and communicates those needs to professional or paraprofessional personnel as necessary.
7. Conducts intake interviews with clients and families to obtain information concerning medical/social history, following established protocols.
8. Acts as liaison between clients, dental offices, and other agencies on behalf of clients.
9. Administers risk assessment questionnaires.
10. Collects and delivers (if applicable) participant’s informed consent forms and/or questionnaires to designated staff.
11. Participates in the recruitment and training of other personnel on preventive dental services
12. Delivers oral disease prevention, oral health promotion, outreach educational sessions.
13. Assists in development of case management plans; oversees implementation of plans subject to review by professional staff; assists in linking families to ongoing dental care and insurance resources.
14. Contacts families to do follow-up on referrals including scheduling dental appointments and following up on missed appointments.
15. Prepares activity reports including outreach and care coordination effectiveness as well as access barriers
16. Enters client data in multiple electronic data bases.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned within classification.
Required Education: High School Diploma
Required Experience: One year full-time experience working in a community outreach program performing duties such as intake, peer counseling, assessments, program screening, placement and referral is preferred, or one year full-time experience in the class of Specialist Clerk or higher with ACMC services performing similar duties, or the equivalent of two years of full-time experience working in a community outreach program performing similar duties.
Available some weekends and evenings for community events
Has transportation to attend off-site meetings