Hero Dental and Orthodontics is part of the Hero Practice Management group. Hero is the only practice management company focused on delivering the systems, processes, and people needed to efficiently deliver quality dental, vision and orthodontic care to children in underserved communities. With 26 offices across seven states, we have helped over a million children ages six months through 20 years gain access to the care they need since 2006. Working at Hero is both a career and a calling…join us, BE A HERO!
Serving the needs of the Medicaid population requires a well-oiled machine. Our fast-paced, high volume offices require smart scheduling, effective patient communications, tested processes and a dedicated, well-trained staff. The Adventure Dental, Vision, and Orthodontics team knows what it takes to provide quality dental, vision and orthodontic care under one roof. We are looking to create long-term relationships with the children and families we serve, and, to achieve that goal, we are dedicated to providing our staff with the support, compensation and lifestyle they need for career happiness.
Navigating the healthcare system can be a challenge for the families we serve. At Hero, we make it easy and enjoyable for parents to get regular vision, dental and orthodontic care for their children. Our kid-friendly offices take the fear out of dental visits, and all our staff is trained to put both children and parents at ease. From scheduling to payments, eye wear selection to orthodontics, we make it fun, easy and affordable for children to thrive.
MISSION OF THE ROLE
The Orthodontic/Dental Front Office Assistant mission is to ensure a positive first impression by efficiently executing front office processes including answering the phone, scheduling appointments and collecting payment within a pediatric orthodontic practice.
OUTCOMES OF THE ROLE
Organized and Analytical: Possesses an ability to work on multiple projects, problems or tasks at once. Uses research, facts, and analysis to inform decisions and continually improve outcomes. Understand, monitor, and ensure the smooth execution of office processes, including but not limited to verifying insurance benefits, patient collection and documentation.
Integrity & Accountability: Demonstrates high integrity in all activities; does not cut corners to achieve goals. Understand, monitor and ensure effective execution of all policies and procedures by:
- Completing administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Supporting organizations goals and values
- Supporting affirmative action and respecting diversity
- Adhering to state and federal guidelines
Mission Driven & Patient-First: Passionate about enabling our teams to deliver high-quality care and service. Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of both internal and external customers. Establish clear expectations for teammates around desired patient experience and respond promptly to customers’ needs by:
- Greeting patients upon arrival and scheduling appointments
- Calling patients regarding appointment confirmations, reminders and cancellations
- Collecting and processing patient payments, (4) coordinating patient flow by keeping the appointment schedule organized and full
- Distributing and collecting appropriate patient paperwork during check-in and check-out
- Assisting the orthodontic coordinator with administrative responsibilities such as data entry and scanning.
Compassionate & Teamwork: Works well with members of Hero’s leadership team in pursuit of the company’s goals. Puts team above self, doing whatever it takes to make the broader organization win. Demonstrate a sense of cohesion within the practice that fosters teammate dependability and support by:
- Reporting to work as scheduled
- listening carefully to others and encouraging teammates’ growth
- Collaboration with others to provide and understand vision and inspiration to peers by:
- Displaying passion and optimism
- Remaining open to others’ ideas
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment with different personalities.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and able to handle a diverse workload
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills, listening to patients’ needs and possesses a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Preferred knowledge of EagleSoft/Dolphin Database, Paychex Application Preview Payroll, Intero Order processing systems, Google Docs, Document Portal Spreadsheet software
- Must be proficient at using Microsoft Word and Excel
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of administrative experience
- Previous experience in an orthodontic practice is a plus
Bilingual desired, but not required.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Full-time, non-exempt position. Competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k).
This position requires full range of body motion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally 50.