TALLAHASSEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
DENTAL HYGIENE/ASSISTANT FACULTY
2019-20 FACULTY POSITION
Tallahassee Community Collegeannounces an opening for the following continuing contract instructional faculty position for 2019-2020. Tallahassee Community College is a dynamic and growing comprehensive community college located in Tallahassee, Florida. The College’s 2018 fall enrollment of more than 12,400 students includes nearly 47 percent minority students. The College enjoys a strong reputation for teaching excellence and for producing graduates with Associate in Arts degrees, Associate in Science degrees, and college credit certificates. Tallahassee is also home to two state universities, Florida State University and Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. TCC partners with both universities and with a number of private higher education institutions to afford greater opportunities for all students, faculty, and surrounding communities. TCC also partners with area businesses and organizations to meet local workforce needs.
Faculty responsibilities include instruction, curriculum, service and support of college policies and procedures, and professional development. Starting salaries for instructional faculty positions are competitive.
DENTAL HYGIENE/ASSISTANT FACULTY
Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree for didactic course instruction and faculty must be a Dental Assisting National Board Certified Dental Assistant with a minimum of a vocational certificate and must be a must be a Licensed Dental Hygienist (CRDH) with a minimum of an associates degree in Dental Hygiene. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Scroll to the bottom of the vacancy announcement to start the application process.
- Complete the online TCC application for the position(s) of interest.
- The following documents arerequiredwhen completing the online application:
- Letter of interest addressing the following faculty attributes and responsibilities.
- Commitment to student retention, success and completion.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of student learning
- Ability to use of technology and innovative approaches to enhance teaching and learning, including online learning and alternative delivery systems.
- Willingness to support a diverse population of learners inside and beyond the classroom.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the comprehensive Community College
- Ability to work in a collaborative, student-centered environment.
The application review process will begin immediatelyand remain open until all vacancies have been filled.
***TCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer ***
The selected candidate identified for this position will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check, which may include fingerprinting.
The College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. Tallahassee Community College does not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Renae Tolson, Equity Officer, Room 239 Administration Building, 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304, (850) 201-6074,firstname.lastname@example.org.
FACULTY HIRING • HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Tallahassee Community College • 444 Appleyard Drive • Tallahassee, FL 32304-2895