Basic Functions & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the delivery of instruction and facilitation of student learning, and the on-going development of curriculum and learning strategies which meet the needs of students and employers.
Essential Job Functions/Secondary Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
1. Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in the Dental Hygiene Associate Degree Program, continuing education, and/or contract training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
2. Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
3. Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
4. Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
5. Business/Industry/Community Linkages. Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed, and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
6. Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
7. Professional Development. Participate in professional development activities that provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the contemporary instructor as directed by one’s Individual Professional Development Plan.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
1. Wisconsin Registered Dental Hygienist is required.
2. Bachelor Degree in Dental Hygiene or in related and appropriate field; Master’s Degree preferred, and
3. Minimum of two years of occupational experience in the field of the program or programs being taught (dental hygienist) of which at least one year shall be within the last five years; Four years of occupational experience preferred. (One year of related occupational experience may be waived with at least two years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years), or
4. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable knowledge may be required.
5. Current certification in CPR/AED.
6. Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
7. Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
1. Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
2. Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
3. Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
4. Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
5. Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
6. Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
7. Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
8. Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
9. A record of innovations which will facilitate student learning.
10. Demonstrated development of course materials and assessments of student learning.
11. An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
12. Willingness to take risks and try new things.
13. Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
14. A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
15. Current knowledge of the role of the dental hygienist.
16. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of dental related agencies and personnel.
17. Ability to update instructional methods and materials and apply research studies in classroom, lab and clinical settings.
18. Promotes and model professionalism as a dental hygiene to students, staff an professionals in the field.
Benefits (eligibility requirements may apply)Fitness Center at Appleton Main Campus, On-Site Child Care Facility at Appleton Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
Thank you for your interest in Adjunct Faculty opportunities with Fox Valley Technical College. Upon successful submission of your application, cover letter, and resume, you will be considered for future adjunct faculty opportunities. FVTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises. ONLY if the need shall arise, you will be contacted via the contact information provided on your application.
IMPORTANT: Only if the need shall arise, you will be contacted via the contact information provided on your application. Otherwise, you will not receive any further contact from FVTC.Adjunct instructors are hired on a per course basis. The total hours for an adjunct instructor range from approximately 3 hours per week to no more than 8 hours per week. Hours vary and can include both day, evening, and weekend classes. Courses are taught in traditional classroom and alternative delivery formats.If you should have any questions regarding adjunct teaching opportunities for this position, please contact Tracy Worzalla at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-735-5663.