* Takes complete and thorough dental/medical history and completes all patient records in appropriate manner.
* Diagnoses periodontal problems and initiates periodontal treatments and home care oral hygiene techniques.
* Identifies oral pathology and refers to Department of Dentistry/Oral Surgeon for timely treatment.
* Teaches and educates oral hygiene techniques to patients..
* Participates in quarterly quality improvement initiatives.
* Ensures compliance with all departmental guidelines related to patient infection control and confidentiality.
* Interacts with interdisciplinary dental care unit teams in rendering high quality care to hospital patients.
* Participates in IRB approved research studies, as applicable.
* Completes all financial/billing (ADA Claim Form) documentation forms related to all patient encounters in a timely fashion.
* High School Graduate or GED
* Completion of approved Dental Hygienist Program
* Three (3) to five (5) years of experience as Dental Hygienist
* New York State Licensed Dental Hygienist
* Fluent in written and spoken English.
* Bilingual -- Preferred (English/Spanish; English/Russian; English/Polish; English/French/Creole)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled