Agency Information: Coastal Community Health Services (CCHS) is a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center (approved National Health Service Corp site) serving the low income and uninsured of Glynn County and surrounding communities. Located in Brunswick Georgia, CCHS is a dynamic expanding organization with a strong team based practice providing multiple opportunities to grow professionally. Currently provides a full range of outpatient primary and preventive health and dental care services. Open M-F. Competitive salary, Holidays, Medical insurance, Retirement contributions, and other benefits offered.
A full time position responsible for the direct provision of oral hygiene and appropriate preventive services to dental patients. The Licensed Dental Hygienist will also be responsible for providing appropriate oral health education to individuals and groups.
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Records patient-hygienist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for all center dental patients.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and in compliance with applicable state law and the center’s clinical protocols.
- Integration of appropriate patient dental hygiene care with other heal care professionals involved in the patient’s health care management.
- Organizes and performs preventive oral health presentations at on-site and off-site locations.
- Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health education in the community as requested.
- Participates in the QI program of the center.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department protocol and directive.
- Assists in the maintenance of all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental Department directive and policies as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the Dental Department.
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the center as appropriate and time permits.
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department directive and center policy as well as state federal regulations(s).
- Complies in full with the center’s Exposure Control Plan.
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dental hygiene and the clinical provision of dental hygiene services as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
Education and Training:
- A.S.,B.A., or B.S. degree from a dental hygiene school which is accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Education.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with fellow healthcare providers.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills required.
- Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges required.
- FTCA coverage or private professional malpractice insurance obtainable.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 59000.00 Annual