To apply go to our website: http://southerndentalalliance.com/careers/
Purpose and summary of role
The Dental Hygienist will provide oral care such as debridement, hand scaling and regular cleanings to patients and provide them with information to assist with developing and maintaining good oral health.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Current licensures as a Dental Hygienist
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Must pass criminal background check
Preferred Education and Experience
- Local Anesthesia certified
- Ability to connect with patients.
- Driven and works with a sense of urgency.
- Has the ability to multi-task.
- Professional, courteous and approachable demeanor.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Current CPR certification.
- Employee may be required to submit to an annual Tuberculosis (TB) and Rubella screening.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients.
- Assesses the nature and extent of dental, periodontics and associated conditions and pathology in dental outpatients.
- Assesses dental condition and needs of patient by analyzing medical records and prescribed protocol to formulate effective therapeutic treatment plans.
- Uses patient screening procedures to include medical history review, dental charting and periodontal charting.
- Takes patient vital signs as required.
- Documents dental history or chief complaint of patient.
- Records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Communicates technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Sets up and prepares dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established regulations and guidelines.
- Assists in preparation of patient care areas and in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process, as required.
- Prepares reports and assists as required with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage and other office duties.
- Performs patient education, discharge planning and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified dentist.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Provide direct patient care to patients, including scaling and prophylaxis, x-rays, application of sealants and fluoride, and related procedures, under the general supervision of a dentist
- Assess the dental condition and needs of patients and review patients' medical history
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
- Follow all OSHA and HIPAA laws and regulations.
- The job description provides a framework for the job and is not an all-inclusive list of duties required for this job, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Patient/Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management.
This job operates in a medical/clinical environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee frequently is required to talk and hear; stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to blood and blood-borne pathogens and/or physical risks, which will require OSHA training.
Position Type and Expectations of Work Hours
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 30-40 hours a week.
Some travel to various practices may be required.