Description: The Registered Dental Hygienist directs oral hygiene care for KPDCP members including comprehensive prevention, maintenance, therapeutic dental treatment and/or restorative services. The RDH educates members of their oral status, motivating them to achieve and maintain optimum oral health.
- Provide direct patient oral hygiene care for program members, including comprehensive prevention, maintenance, and/or therapeutic dental treatment restorative services.
- Data collection and documentation pertaining to patients' oral health in compliance with policy and procedure.
- Provide oral hygiene instruction and education.
- Maintain a work area appropriate to a clinical environment in compliance with environmental health and safety standards.
- Support other office functions during down time, ensuring a level of cooperation and positive work environment.
- Performs other duties as requested.