Dental Hygienist – General Dental Hygienist
Part Time - South Indianapolis
An Exciting Job Opportunity as a Dental Hygienist
If you’re searching for a rewarding career as a Dental Hygienist, look no further. Marketplace Dental Care is looking for a motivated, goal-orientated individual to help provide the most efficient dental care for our community as possible as a Dental Hygienist. At Marketplace Dental Care, optimal dentistry and patient care is of utmost importance, so join our team today!
25 - 29 hours - No Wednesdays and No weekends
As a Dental Hygienist, you will clean teeth and examine patient oral areas, head and neck for signs of oral disease. You will also record and review patient medical histories.
Additional responsibilities and requirements of the Dental Hygienist include:
- Cleaning calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and beneath gum margins with dental instruments
- Charting conditions of dental decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by the dentist
- Maintaining and sterilizing dental equipment
- Applying fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to prevent dental decay
- Ability to prepare dental equipment and instruments
- Excellent working knowledge of overall dentistry and dental hygiene procedures, dental patient screening and medical history documentation
- Ability to travel at minimum one time per quarter for training; potentially out of state
- Dentrix computer experience a plus
- Experience using Vizilite, Velscope and/or Diagnodent a plus
- Experience using electronic medical records a plus
- Leadership skills
- Valid Dental Hygienist license in the state for which you apply
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Dental Hygiene, Bachelor’s degree a plus
- CPR Certification
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.