Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a part-time Dental Hygienist for our Madison County Community Health Center located in Anderson, Indiana. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Obtains preliminary dental history, makes observations, assessments and records appropriate findings.
- Prepares patient for the complete dental examination by the dentist.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding dental hygiene, tooth decay prevention, gum disease, etc.
- Scales teeth.
- Refers patients as appropriate.
- Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between clinic visits as required.
- Remains current in advanced practice changes within area, and where relevant, translates these findings into clinical practice.
- Follows infection control guidelines and ensures adherence to OSHA and CLIA protocols due to potential exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Participates in the development and implementation of PCER guidelines.
- Demonstrates ongoing professional growth through participation in relevant educational endeavors and appropriate associations.
- Maintains CPR certification and re-licensure requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Attends and participates in meetings and in-services as required. Serves on committees as requested.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures concerning corporate compliance including privacy of protected health information.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Education: Degree from an accredited dental hygiene program.
- Experience: Experience in a community health dental clinic setting preferred.
- Certificate/License: Possession of an Indiana State Dental Hygiene License.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.