As a Dental Hygienist, you will schedule patients for their dental appointments, clean and polish patients’ teeth, and maintain records of patients and services rendered. This position will work closely with the dental staff and will report to the Chief Dental Officer.
- Cleans, scales and polishes teeth to remove supragingival and subgingival calculus, plaque, and stains.
- Applies topical fluoride.
- Exposes, develops, and mounts intraoral and extraoral radiographs.
- Applies pit and fissure sealant to teeth.
- Reviews dental and medical histories.
- Maintains records on dental status of patients and services rendered.
- Schedules patients.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Provides instruction on proper dental care techniques.
- May interpret dental health programs to the public.
- All HealthLinc staff is committed to engage in quality improvement initiatives that align with and support Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an approved dental hygiene program
- Current Indiana State Licensure for Dental Hygiene
- Current CPR certification
- At least 1 year of experience as a Dental Hygienist (not required but highly preferred)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable
- Knowledge of dental disease prevention techniques
- Knowledge of dental prophylaxis techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of dental office practices, procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of dental equipment maintenance
- Knowledge of dental record keeping
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Operate a multi-line phone system and other office equipment including printers, fax machines, etc.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, EHR, online sources, etc.)