Dental Hygienist Dependable, Dedicated, Diplomatic (Non-Exempt)
- POSITION SUMMARY:
Our Hygienists work collaboratively with Dentists to meet the expanding oral health needs of patients to ensure positive long-term outcomes derived from consistent preventative care. Your goal is to provide essential preventative care with the highest quality, including cleanings, fluoride, sealants, and examination insights obtained signs of oral disease. This role is integral in developing dental assistant skills through training of best practices in coordination with Dentists to support treatment planned procedures to restore oral health. Hygienists should be aware of the potential for patient treatment based on need and timing on the same day as exams. Hygienists work closely with Office leadership to build a schedule that optimizes their ability to see patients in alignment with Dentist restorative care schedules.
Hygienists will have the opportunity to share in Incentive programs supporting care continuity and office growth.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews patient records for treatment history and benefit allowances
- Serves as a Preventive Diplomat by building patient and families trust
- Completes dental Prophylaxis and Fluoride per clinical guidelines
- Ensures appropriate Sealants are rendered per exam Provider instructions
- Assesses overall oral health conditions and advises exam Provider
- Educates patients through comprehensive oral hygiene and plaque control instructions.
- Counsel patients about proper nutrition and its impacts on oral health.
- Make impressions of patients' teeth for case studies.
- May be required to take X-rays on patients as needed.
- Documents dental hygiene services
- Supports office regulatory compliance standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge regularly.
- Associate degree in Dental Hygiene.
- State Dental Hygienist license.
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Timely completion of accurate documentation.
- Team first attitude; Sound judgment; Calming disposition