"Serving Humanity to Honor God"
This mission also includes Methodist Healthcare Ministries' one-half ownership of the Methodist Healthcare System – the largest healthcare system in South Texas. This creates a unique avenue to ensure the Methodist Healthcare System continues to be a benefit to the community by providing quality care to all and charitable care when needed, and it provides revenue to Methodist Healthcare Ministries for its programs.
"To be the leader
for improving wellness
of the least served"
- Supervises, schedules and conducts evaluations of dental laboratory staff.
- Identifies problems and implements solutions for laboratory staff.
- Interviews for laboratory staff and assists in selection of candidate with the approval of the dental Lab Manager.
- Responsible for inventory of lab supplies.Ensures appropriate turnover of stock, keeps current on new materials, and provides input on the budget for the dental laboratory.
- Monitors monthly laboratory budgets for supplies and outsourcing.
- Ensures staff maintains patient confidentiality and complies with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
- Ensures staff properly cleans and disinfects all dental instruments and laboratory equipment to include thorough knowledge of current practices of infection control as directed by OSHA,CDC, ADAand other directives.
- Maintains equipment; ensures manufacturer’s instructions and schedules are followed; to include, but not limited to hand pieces, laboratory equipment, desktops computers, CEREC acquisition and milling units.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and procedures and communicates any safety issues i.e. reporting unsafe practices; reminding staff of proper procedures, etc.
- Performs duties as workload coordinator; schedules technicians daily workload and cases to be sent to outsourcing laboratory.
- Quality controls all incoming and outgoing work within the laboratory to meet specified standards.
- Enters cases into Lab Net software for tracking data and to generate work ticket.
- Consults with Dentists on treatment planning of more complex cases.
- Establishes monthly reports on laboratory production and quality measurements.
- Conducts monthly laboratory meetings in absence of Lab Manager
- Recommends continuing education courses for staff member to attend
- Examines molds and impressions to fabricate, alter and repair dental prostheses such as complete and partial dentures, crowns, and bridges and orthodontic appliances.
- Test appliances for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion, using articulators and micrometers.
Clinical Lab Responsibilities:
- Will perform all duties within their scope of designated lab specialty as listed in the job description of the following:
- Dental Lab Tech – Removable
- Dental Lab Tech – Crown and Bridge
- Dental Lab Tech – Cad Cam
Directly supervises Dental Lab Technicians in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, counseling, training and validating staff competencies & licensing; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED. CDT license or 5-8 years of equivalent experience as a lab technician. At least three years supervising a dental laboratory preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members.
Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional or no variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certification as a Dental Lab Technician (CDT) by the National Board for Certification in Dental Laboratories preferred.
Demonstrates working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel applications.
Must be able to drive and have access to a car; maintain valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance. Requires frequent in town travel between dental clinic locations and may require periodic out of town travel.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a dental laboratory environment having indirect contact with patients and clients. Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver 25 pounds. Color vision must be corrected to 20/20 vision.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) and subcontractor(s) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
MHM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MHM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MHM's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
MHM makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodation would impose an undue business hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate in the application process.
Alternative application methods are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system.