Dental Management Training Program
Designed to fast track high potential candidates to Practice Manager of Operations positions, the Dental Management Training Program provides high potential, career driven individuals the opportunity to make an immediate impact and achieve high potential for growth.
- Accelerating your learning of management fundamentals
- Practicing people leadership
- Deep diving into industry relevant knowledge We deliver world-class business support to dental offices across the country. So, while you'll learn enough about dentistry to feel like a dentist, you'll also gain highly transferable, real-life business experience and skills from a company that has a 20-year track record of growth.
We pack a lot into five months. In between the in person monthly trainings, you'll be putting theory into practice at one of our supported dental offices across the country. Backed by a great support network, including Practice Managers of Operations, teachers and your peers, you'll learn hands on about each role within the offices and what it takes to effectively manage the operations of a highly successful supported dental office.
Curriculum consists of a blended learning experience:
- Online learning (e-learning)
- Class time
- In office training
- Partnerships with direct report at the end of the program, you'll understand, practice and master the concepts of diagnose, coach and implement as they relate to the 5 fundamentals of a supported dental office: schedule, produce, collect, Heartland Dental systems, and communication tools.This position reports to the Regional Manager of Operations and partners directly with the supported dentist(s)/office.
During the DMT program, you will work in a supported office alongside Business Assistants, Dental Assistants, Dental Hygienists and the leadership team (supported dentist(s) and Practice Manager of Operations). After the program, upon successful placement into a PMO role within a region, you will partner with the supported offices and dentist(s).
As we are looking for great future leaders, below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on when successfully placed into the PMO role:
- Lead by example and coach team to provide exceptional patient experiences
- Maintain focus on a productive schedule that supports dentists and hygienists as they deliver high quality patient care and exceptional experiences
- Work within budget guidelines to maintain supported office profitability
- Manage accounts receivables including timely and accurate insurance claim processing and patient billing
- Assist patients with applying for credit and other financial assistance
- Coordinate daily team huddles, weekly team meetings, and quarterly practice business meetings
- Provide ongoing feedback, training, and annual performance and salary reviews for team members within the practice
- Serve as the point person for office management duties including:
- Office cleaning and maintenance
- Verify practice invoices
- Verify and submit payroll
- Clinical and non-clinical supplies ordering
- Schedule team members to ensure adequate shift coverage and facilitate requests for time off
- Serve as the liaison between Heartland Dental Support Office departments, including:
- Human Resources
- Accounts Payable
- Employee Relations
- And more
- Maintain protocols and guidelines as they relate to patient privacy (HIPAA) and team member safety (OSHA)
- Assist in the interviewing, on-boarding, and training of new hires
- Embody, embrace and coach Heartland Dental's mission, vision, and core values
- Bachelor degree (including those who anticipate completing a Bachelor degree before June 2019)
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year of customer service or sales experience OR six months of customer service or sales experience in conjunction with six months of leadership (including: clubs, organizations, athletics, military, etc.)
- Ability to work five months in a training practice that is up to 1 hour away from end location placement
- Monthly travel required, including flights and overnight stays.
- Customer-service oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- U.S. work authorization; sponsorship is not available for this program
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package, including:
- Paid Holidays
- Health & Vision Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 401(k) & Roth 401(K)
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance