La Maestra Community Health Centers is currently recruiting for Patient Services Representatives (Bilingual Eng/Spanish Preferred).
The Dental Patient Services Representative is responsible for greeting patients, clients, and visitors entering the Dental Clinic. The Patient Services Representative is also responsible for processing patient information, registering patients in patient management system (i.e. Dentrix, NextGen, etc.), and assisting patients in completing all required forms for insurance and payment purposes. The Dental Patient Services Representative is also responsible for billing all insurances, health plans and denti-cal. Customer service is a core competency for Patient Service Representatives.
Hours of Work: TBD- Monday - Friday
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Greet patients, clients, and visitors entering the clinic following all organizational customer service guidelines
- Prepare daily patient sign-in sheets
- Answer telephones (includes scheduling appointments) and provide information on Clinic operations following La Maestras established Phone Call Etiquette
- Schedule appointments, check in Patients and hand out forms for consultation
- Always maintain La Maestras Phone Call Etiquette (see PSR procedures and Protocols)
- Check clinic voicemail messages and take appropriate action
- Determine patient eligibility under government programs
- Verify patients insurance coverage
- Prepare charts for patients with proper completed forms
- Bill all insurances including health plans and denti-cal
- Receive Explanation Of Benefits and check against chart for procedures payment
- Request Treatment Authorization Requests from denti-cal for major treatments
- Complete forms for payment for services, including private insurance forms and government program forms
- Follow up on the no show patients (the day appointment was missed)
- Call patients to remind them of scheduled appointment (the day prior to the appointment)
- One third of Patient Services Representatives performance includes patient satisfaction levels. Performance Appraisal will include the level of patient satisfaction and accuracy of processing encounters and registration of patients.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Certification required: Dental Assistant Certificate a preferred
Experience: 1-2 years experience in a dental office or hospital setting as a Patient Services Representative or registration preferred
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.