Carus Dental, established in 1983 in Austin, TX, has always been committed to the traditional doctor-patient relationship and to the highest quality in dental care and service. We currently have approximately 48 doctors on staff across our 21 practices in Austin, Houston and Central Texas. We offer dental services ingeneral dentistry, oral surgery, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, endodontics, peridodontics and prosthodontics in some or all of our practices. Carus Dental has been accreditedby the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Caresince 2000.
Manages the daily business operations of the practice through the development of strong partnership relations with the PC and MSO leaders and staff. Ensures the alignment of the practice with the core purpose and beliefs of the company. Manages the financial performance of the practice, with strong emphasis on revenue growth, revenue/expense leverage, asset management, and contribution margin achievement to plan and growth over prior year. Manages the employee performance and development processes. Drives practice revenue through doctor and hygiene schedule utilization, increased patient base and expense control and analysis.
- Develops and manages the partnership between the MSO and PC through the consistent communication of core purpose and beliefs and collaborates with PC leadership to resolve issues in conflict with them.
- Develops, in conjunction with the Manager of Operations, the annual operating plan for the practice in accordance with Company financial guidelines to ensure the alignment of the practice with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Monitors and improves financial performance of clinic including production, staff productivity, other controllable expenses and accounts receivable (cash flow).
- Provides leadership to inspire and coach employees on accomplishing strategic and operational goals and related tasks. This includes leadership related to recruiting, selecting, training and motivating employees, as well as managing employee performance, executing strategic operations plans and developing and administrating operational budgets.
- Regularly reviews, interprets and uses financial data including income statements and balance sheets to identify plan shortfalls and opportunities and focuses resources and efforts to these items to ensure plan achievement.
- Understands the importance of customer service and sets an example of exemplary customer service.
- Continuously builds customer understanding by monitoring patient satisfaction performance and customer feedback.
- Fosters strong relationships with the doctors and hygienists to ensure a commitment to productivity objectives, reflects these commitments by developing and revisiting monthly forecasts and measure actual productivity against plan.
- Develops, schedules and maintains the Social Operating System Calendar to foster MSO and PC alignment on key operating plan and practice management objectives.
- Demonstrates a commitment to ADPI’s core values.
- Ensures that the Practice’s policies, procedures and processes are in compliance with Dental Practice protocols, state and federal law and regulations and AAAHC accreditation guidelines.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment. To learn more about American Dental Partners and Carus Dental please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.carusdental.com.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years of experience managing operations in the field.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic financial concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Exhibits a comprehensive understanding of driving revenue within the practice, operational processes, analysis of data, and the ability to analyze expense controls.
- Advanced business knowledge of strategies and tactics that affect our marketplace.
- Proficiency in MS products, including Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understands registration, scheduling and billing system.