The Dental Sterilization Technician I will work under general supervision of the Dental Sterilization Technician II; prepares contaminated instruments, equipment and /or cassettes for sterilization; cleans and sterilizes in instruments, equipment and or cassettes.
Receives, rinses and ultrasonically cleans contaminated instruments, equipment and cassettes.
Wraps, labels and delivers decontaminated instruments, equipment and/or cassettes thru the pass-thru window for movement to the sterilization area.
Maintains inventory and supply records.
Supervises Dental Sterilization Transporter
Assists Dental Sterilization Technician II as required.
Performs related and occasionally other duties assigned.
- Knowledge of inventory methods and procedures.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare simple reports
- Ability to learn and use standardized coding systems
- Ability to perform basic numerical calculations
- Ability to lift light to moderate weight
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
High School Diploma, or GED. Three to six months in related field, providing familiarity with medical or dental supplies and equipment.