The Staff Dentist provides quality oral health care services offered to patients, emphasizing the prevention and treatment of disease by the patient. The Staff Dentist will respond to patient’s need for accessible, quality, oral health care regardless of socio-economic status. The Staff Dentist will be responsible for supervision of Dental and Dental Hygiene students as assigned by Dental Director. The Staff Dentist may require to fulfill some administrative duties as assigned by Dental Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Practice sound principles of public dental health needs.
2. Participate in the decision-making process concerning the delivery of public dental health services.
3. Preferred: Bi-lingual and bi-cultural awareness of the needs of our uninsured areas, otherwise, willingness to be trained in Cultural Competence.
1. Assess the client’s dental health needs by obtaining and/or evaluating the client’s social history.
2. Perform appropriate dental health assessment procedures including, but not limited to radiographic examinations.
3. Order ancillary studies as needed.
4. Perform preventive and restorative dental health care per protocols.
5. Instructs clients in the use of appropriate prophylactic dental care, hygiene, cleansing and flossing technique.
6. Develop and utilize written protocols for educational, preventive and screening purposes.
7. Provide counseling, teaching, treatment and appropriate referrals addressing the dental health needs of the clients.
8. Follow-up clients with suspected abnormal conditions.
9. Provide counseling and instruction about related health needs.
10. Refer clients to other sources of health care/community resources as indicated.
11. Maintain and review client records including referral and follow up systems.
12. Participate in in-service education for staff.
13. Keep abreast of new information and materials by reviewing clearinghouse information, newsletters, and periodicals.
14. All other duties as assigned.
1. Accountable for the appropriate dental and surgical instruments and supplies being present at the dental unit and that these are in good working condition
2. Track Quality measures and other data as required for local, state and federal reporting
3. Timely chart completion and closure
4. Staff huddle coordination
5. All other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of dentistry.
Current Nebraska License.
Ability to speak Spanish not required but preferable.
Health Center experience preferred but not required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: 96.15 Hourly