Immediate need for a Dentist to join a well established Community Health group.
The Dentist is responsible for providing preventive, restorative, endodontic, oral surgery and prosthetic dental services to children and adults.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide diagnostic, preventive, restorative, periodontic, endodontic, oral surgery, and prosthetic dental services to children and adults.
- Educate patients on proper tooth and gum care.
- Works collaboratively with other staff members.
- Participates in chart audits and peer review.
- Recognizes and manages common acute and chronic oral conditions within her/his scope of practice.
- Collaborates with health care team regarding treatments, referrals, and follow-up care of patients.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Supervises dental hygienists as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of 1-yr post-graduate General Dentistry program or 2 years practical experience.
- District of Columbia license to practice dentistry.
- CPR, DEA, and Dispensing Certificates.KNOWLEDGE & EXPEREINCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Experience with special populations preferred.
- Willingness to articulate the mission of our group. through his/her work.
- Ability to perform dental procedures efficiently and safely.