Community Dental, a community based non-profit, is looking for a GENERAL DENTIST join our team of dental professionals focused on our mission “to improve the oral health of all”.
In 2016, Community Dental affiliated with DentaQuest, a leading oral health company and the largest Medicaid dental program administrator in the country. DentaQuest is driven by a mission to improve the oral health of all, to achieve a nation free of dental disease, a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay, where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives and where every person has access to quality dental care.
We offer a competitive daily rate and comprehensive benefits including a retirement plan and paid time off. If you’re passionate about patient care and looking for a great place to deliver that care, we’d welcome the chance to learn more about your background and goals and tell you about us.
What You’ll be Doing:
· Providing and managing dental diagnostic and treatment procedures and other care, with an emphasis on preventative care and education.
· Prescribing medications and treatment regimens as necessary for the individual’s oral condition and consistent with the medical history.
· Referring individuals to dental specialists, physicians, and other healthcare providers as appropriate.
· Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention and risk assessments, as needed.
What we Require:
· Current licensure or eligibility for Kentucky State Dental License.
· Current CPR certification including training in the use of automated external defibrillators.
· Knowledge of community based dental practices.
· Embraces and practices patient-centered care through effective communication with patients and development of individualized treatment programs that incorporate the patient’s desires and needs.
· Continuing education of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of dental evaluations, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise. Stays current regarding relevant drugs, medications, and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, including, but not limited to, appropriate dosage and patients’ directions for correct usage.
· Maintains quality, safety, and infection control standards.
· Fosters a cooperative and fun work environment.
· Knowledge of and commitment to legal and ethical standards for the delivery of dental care.