The General Practice Residency Dentist, with the General Practice Residency Program Director, participates in operation of the General Practice Residency (GPR) Program through oversight and training of residents in the delivery of comprehensive adult dental services in the out-patient clinics, hospital in-patient care, and operating room treatment; by providing direct patient care; and by coordinating and providing lectures, seminars, and clinical demonstrations to residents.
- 1. Assists Program Director in successful oversight of the General Practice Residency program;
- 2. Assists Program Director in establishing general practice resident schedules (didactics and lectures, clinical patient care, operating rooms, on-call and rotations) in collaboration with other directors and other teaching programs cooperating with Y-NHH dental service;
- 3. Actively participates in bi-annual evaluations of all residents and visiting students with feedback;
- 4. In coordination with the program director of GPR, provides scientific and evidence-based didactic courses, which include but are not limited to, teaching biomedical or clinical core courses and resident assessments;
- 5. Provides night and weekend coverage for patients when needed and ensures appropriate residents and attending faculty availability. Ensures the accuracy of all after-hours billing and documentation;
- 6. In collaboration with the program director, assists in the coordination of the residents' rotation schedules and ensures an appropriate educational experience for assigned residents by providing oversight of patient care and delivery of an educational curriculum;
- 7. Provides direct resident supervision 40%-50% of scheduled hours per week in the Adult Dental Center, OR, and other satellite facilities. Provides resident supervision when attending faculty is unable to be present in clinic in coordination with the program director;
- 8. For full-time positions, an optional 10-20% of scheduled hours per week for administrative and scholarly activities such as grant writing, research and publications. If not used effectively, will be directed towards patient care or resident supervision;
- 9. Is actively involved in the Dental Grand Rounds as both presenter and coordinator;
- 10. Participates in the operational success of the department through patient care, regulatory compliance, and other administrative responsibilities;
- 11. Personally sees patients up to 40% of scheduled hours per week in the Adult Dental Center, OR, and other satellite facilities, in coordination with program director;
- 12. Ensures compliance with ADA, JCAHO, CMS, DPH, CODA and other external agency standards;
- 13. Ensures the timely and accurate completion of all medical and dental records to departmental and hospital standards;
- 14. Ensures proper usage and maintenance of the practice equipment by residents and staff;
- 15. Participates in hospital administrative committees as requested;
- 16. Works with support and administrative personnel to improve;
- 17. Patient recruitment to the office;
- 18. Patient satisfaction;
- 19. Information flow as provided by hospital medical records and electronic resources.
D.M.D/ D.D.S. or equivalent professional degree. Preference will be given to applicants who have additional specialty training and board certification or have a MPH or PhD.
Two years of continuous general dentistry practice in an academic setting that includes a hospital based or university based program on at least a half-time basis (15-30 hours per week); demonstrated administrative experience in didactic/clinic teaching, research, publications and grant writing. Additional specialty, MPH, PhD candidates preferred.
CT Dental License, CT Controlled Substance License
Superior verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships that bring a variety of disciplines together, demonstrated scholarship in teaching and curriculum development, proven track record in developing and enhancing strategic growth initiatives, clinical and educational innovation and work towards maximizing research output within the department.
No special conditions.