The Dentist is responsible for providing preventive, restorative, endodontic, oral surgery and prosthetic dental services to children and adults.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Provide diagnostic, preventive, restorative, periodontic, endodontic, oral surgery, and prosthetic dental services to children and adults.
· Educate patients on proper tooth and gum care.
· Works collaboratively with other staff members.
· Participates in chart audits and peer review.
· Recognizes and manages common acute and chronic oral conditions within her/his scope of practice.
· Collaborates with health care team regarding treatments, referrals, and follow-up care of patients.
· Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
· Supervises dental hygienists as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Completion of 1-yr post-graduate General Dentistry program or 2 years practical experience.
· District of Columbialicense to practice dentistry.
· CPR, DEA, and Dispensing Certificates.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPEREINCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Experience with special populations preferred.
· Willingness to articulate the mission of Unity Health Care, Inc. through his/her work.
· Ability to perform dental procedures efficiently and safely.