Department Faculty – MA in Behavioral Economics
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations and connect with our communities.
We are currently searching for Department Faculty to join our Behavioral Economics program on our Online Campus.
The Online Campus Faculty member is responsible for teaching, research, and professional service to the School and community, and administration over the course of the three semester (six terms) academic year. Each term is seven weeks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Online teaching for five (5) 7-week terms per year, weekend availability required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theory and practices
- Build an online community conducive to the spirit of learning and continuous improvement in a positive, learner-focused environment
- Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via online classroom, phone, and email
- Hold office hours for enrolled students on a weekly basis - done remotely via video conference
- Use the selected textbooks and teaching aids as required
- Make a positive impact on learner retention and persistence
- Contribute to curriculum and course development
- Remain current in field of study/teaching expertise and suggest updates to online course content to reflect knowledge updates
- Participate in residency programs as needed
- Evaluate student learning through comprehensive examinations
- Abide by Online Campus policies for online classroom management and interaction
Professional Services and Administration
- Present sessions at the residency programs, as needed, on professional careers, academic research, and related information to assist student development and progress
- Write recommendation letters as requested by students
- Help with quality assurance activities such as course auditing and program evaluation
- Participate in Campus and Institutional functions, including but not limited to serving on standing or ad-hoc committees, participating in the analysis of Student Learning Plan results, assisting in general Faculty Search and Admissions activities, contributing to general and specific Curriculum Development activities, and mentoring of new Faculty members
- Engage in administrative activities as deemed necessary by the Dean/Chair
- Supervise the formulation/writing of student research proposals (including but not limited to: Capstone Projects, ARPs, and dissertations), directing candidates in carrying out the approved study and closely supervising dissertation completion in conjunction with committee members
- Participate as dissertation committee member
- Engage yearly in scholarship activities
- A doctoral degree in Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Business Psychology, Behavioral Economics, or other related field
- Graduate level online teaching experience of 3-5 years
- Significant scholar - practitioner experience in the field of Behavioral Economics (behavioral economic theory and practice)
- Professional work experience as a consultant in marketing, politics, healthcare, or other related experience involving use and application of behavioral economic theory and concepts
- Skills and interest in quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed research
- Supervisory experience with graduate trainees in professional psychology as a dissertation chair or committee reader
- Experience working in a remote/virtual team environment
- Recent professional association/conference presentations or symposia for practitioner and/or academic audiences
- Practice in course development in online and/or on-ground or blended modalities
- Knowledge of student assessment practices
- Knowledge of program review and accreditation procedures
- Practice in programmatic continuous improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and learning management systems (experience with Canvas is preferred)
- Peer-reviewed publications within the last 5 years is preferred
Interested individuals should include (a) letter of application; (b) a statement about their administrative experience and areas of specific teaching and/or research expertise (including your background in qualitative or quantitative research); (c) curriculum vitae; (d) sample reprints/preprints of scholarly writing; and (e) a list of three references with contact information to the school’s online applicant portal.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company:The Chicago School of Professional Psychology