PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG is capable of delivering for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The Department Head / Product Specialist Lighting has responsibility for, but is not limited to, inspecting and cleaning all equipment upon return from rentals, configuring equipment for client rental, pulling and loading and unloading of equipment and its associated check-in and storage. The incumbent maintains the general warehouse facility according to the standards set forth by the Company. The employee is also expected to understand and comply with all Company Policies and Safety Regulations and to report any hazards and unsafe practices immediately. The employee utilizes equipment handling machines such as forklifts and order pickers to assist in job tasks. The employee may, depending on assignment, operate Company vehicles in delivering and returning equipment. It is the policy of PRG to provide excellent customer service both internally and externally. Employees are expected to perform all of their duties and responsibilities in accordance with this policy at all times. Does related work as required.
- Overseeing all technicians and staff in assigned departments, verifying and maintaining quality and throughput of work in compliance with Company procedures and standards.
- Maintain, configure for orders, check-in and repair the Company’s equipment resources in the warehouse.
- Assist in evaluating, setting, and documenting company standards for equipment utilizing resources available. Updating these standards as necessary depending on changes in resources available or concerns that arise
- Responsible for quality control, including training shop employees on prep and maintenance of proprietary products
- Provide phone support to end users or sales staff, including emergency trouble shooting by phone
- Provide field service in support of PRG/VER rental projects, this includes on-site or remote customer support
- Daily use of inventory systems as required via individual computer workstation when performing check-out, check-in or other TEAM related tasks. Some examples of required systems include: TEAM, REV.
- Monitoring and conducting accurate scanning equipment barcodes and enter equipment quantity count data into inventory system when performing check-out or check-in tasks.
- Complete Company paperwork as required.
- Re-stock equipment correctly according to standards set forth by the depot.
- Participate in the loading and unloading of equipment from delivery vehicles.
- Participates in set-up, operation and break-down of client shows, including but not limited to, corporate events, tradeshows, exhibits, concerts, theatrical productions, etc. as assigned.
- Demonstrate products to clients, at the direction of the account executive or sales staff
- Acts as a key support to account executives and sales staff by providing technical information and application assistance on PRG/VER products
- Train end-users internally and externally
- The initial assignment of this position will oversee the Lighting department within the facility; the incumbent may be reassigned to any department or shop duties within the depot;
- Operates, as assigned, warehouse equipment-handling machines in compliance with safety standards and as set forth by the Company. These machines may include, but are not limited to: pallet jacks, forklifts and order pickers. An operator must be trained and certified prior to operating any “powered” equipment handling machines.
- Participates in cross training as assigned and provides assistance and guidance for related work when necessary;
- Provides training to new employees as well as interns as assigned.
- This position requires heavy lifting;
- Performs all related work in facility as required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Discipline Specific: Lighting
- 5-10 years’ experience in lighting field
- Basic understanding of signal flow and show site cable layout including knowledge in fiber optics
- Working knowledge of lighting consoles
- Automated, Conventional, and LED lighting fixtures
- Fans, Foggers, Hazers, and other Special Effects
- Signal processors, network switches and routers
- Production Intercom
- Basic understanding of computers (PC/Mac) and networking via Wi-Fi, Ethernet and fiber optics
- General electronics and electrical background
- Possession of a High School Diploma or its' equivalent. Two years of work experience may be substituted for the High School Diploma. Trade show or post High School training in an appropriate field may be substituted in whole or in part for the experience requirement above.
- Good knowledge of the technical principles of operation and maintenance of the electronic equipment to which the incumbent is assigned; Good knowledge of the principles and practices of workplace Safety; Good or working knowledge of common computer productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office; the ability to learn and utilize PRG proprietary software; Good knowledge of safe motor vehicle operation and current licensure appropriate to the vehicle(s) operated; Customer Service Orientation; Tact; Professionalism; Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position; Must individually be able to lift and carry heavy equipment weighing 50 pounds.
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.