Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
DEPARTMENT LEADER – Albany, GA
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Department Leaders in our lumber mill in Albany, GA. The department leaders will oversee the Dry End Department and the Green-End Department. The Department Leaders will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a batch manufacturing environment, consistent with Georgia-Pacific's management philosophy and framework. The Department Leaders are also responsible for supporting an approach to optimize the constraining process and machine centers.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Facilitating team development and growth; through effective communication and performance evaluations
- Prioritizing work orders to address machine center functionality and optimize on equipment availability
- Ensuring areas operate effectively and efficiently; meeting or exceeding benchmark & milestones.
- Utilizing work processes to effectively manage and facilitate good asset health through PM & PdM
- Building employee commitment and ownership and hold personnel accountable to meet those expectations
- Facilitating team developmental growth by reviewing and evaluating personnel performance
- Motivating and encouraging team to positively contribute in their roles to capture long-term value for facility
- Driving safety excellence through personnel involvement, ownership & accountability.
- Proactively identify hazards and implement appropriate mitigating strategies to improve safety capacity
- Facilitating resolution to complex or chronic issues preventing equipment design
- Owning data entry and accuracy compiled to create departmental reports
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory or management experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience in leading a department or organization in EH&S, Reliability, Production, Cost and Quality Excellence
- Experience in analyzing production data to eliminate waste and foster continuous improvement
- Must have working knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible work schedule
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote safe work practices
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or a similar discipline
- Supervisory experience in green end operations
- Supervisory experience in dry end operations, planing and shipping
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) - SAP, MP2, ActivePlant
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf