We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Housekeeping at Vacasa
We take pride in our work, knowing our tireless efforts provide peace of mind. We’re the vacation heroes—giving guests a spotless first impression and setting the tone for an unforgettable experience. With us, you’re more than just a housekeeper, you’re a keeper of the house.
What we’re looking for
We’re searching for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Department Manager - Housekeeping. This person will manage a large team of housekeepers and partner with the local management team.
What you’ll do
- Oversee a large team of housekeepers in Sandpoint, ID.
- Traveling between worksites is involved and this person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Hire, retain and manage a team of efficient and high-quality housekeepers, ensuring all are trained, effective, and adhere to Vacasa policies and procedures
- Manage a budget, adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis
- Support your team with escalated guest and homeowner concerns by responding to emails, calls and work orders
- Partner and assist your Business Development Representative when new units join the portfolio
- Conduct and/or schedule inspections prior to guest and owner arrivals
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with fellow regional team members and upper management team
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager and Co-Manager(s) when necessary
- Occasional need to perform housekeeping and maintenance duties
Skills you’ll need
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed.
- Experience managing a team of employees
- Knowledge of city, state and federal employment laws
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture