Manages the General Merchandise department at a large store including managing employee activities to meet the financial and marketing objectives of the company. Coordinates sales promotions with the Home Office and manages execution in the store. This position also assists customers and suggests selection of products based on knowledge of current products, familiarity of offerings and customer interactions. Demonstrates strong knowledge of Follett systems and strategies (Included Program, Academic Tools, System Integrations, and etc.), the industry and the competitive landscape in order to execute initiatives, drive profitable sales and control expenses. Effectively executes company programs and initiatives. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedure. Partners with various support partners to include Store Operations, RCMS, AP, HR and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values - Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic Competencies.
* Supervises the employees of the department including assigning and evaluating work as well as interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
* Supervises the Home Office regulated processes related to Return-to-Vendor (RTV) receiving and scanning.
* Assists customers in finding products.
* Manages the special order functions and notifies customers.
* Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
* Builds key partnerships with other store staff and campus organizations for promotional opportunities and special events and assist with off-site sales opportunities (e.g., graduation, basketball, football, author signings, etc.).
* Conducts store walkthroughs on a daily basis to ensure proper stock levels, inventory placement and customer service levels.
* Manages the in-store merchandise display from stockroom to sales floor, serving as liaison between the Store and the Planner.
* Creates and maintains displays in compliance with company standards.
* Executes Home Office initiated markups and markdowns, analyzes financial reports, processes purchase orders, and approves invoices.
* Partners with the Store Manager to execute promotions and sales, and ensures proper inventory levels based on sales and trends.
* May perform website maintenance and fill orders. Maintains price accuracy and merchandise availability on store website.
* Responds to student, faculty, staff, alumni and other customer questions and issues resolving escalated issues as necessary.
* May manage the store in the absence of the store manager or supervise other departments from time to time.
* May open or close the store.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* 3-5 years of retail merchandising experience
* Bachelor degree or equivalent
* Must have Visual Merchandising, floor and window displays, plan-o-grams, inventory replenishment.
* 3-5 years retail supervisory experience; computer literacy.
* Required: strong communication skills (verbal and written). Desired: Previous supervisory/management experience required.
* General Computer Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled