DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRICS SECTION HEAD
Ochsner Health System Baton Rouge is seeking Board Certified PEDIATRICIAN to lead and grow the expanding pediatric multi-specialty center and to develop a larger network of integrated primary care providers in the Baton Rouge market.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION:
- Clinic-based position located in the heart of Baton Rouges health district in a brand new state of the art ambulatory campus located with direct interstate access just southeast of downtown Baton Rouge.
- Collaboration with The Department of Pediatrics and our pediatric subspecialists (collectively, Ochsner Hospital for Children) representing over 160 physicians. The group is the regions leading integrated provider of multispecialty care for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. We offer a full range of pediatric services and have a combined pediatric residency program with Tulane Medical School. We are also the Clinical School for the University of Queensland School of Medicine. Ochsner Hospital for Children based about 1 hour away in New Orleans offers care across the entire state of Louisiana and southern Mississippi in all pediatric subspecialties, including congenital heart surgery, liver and heart transplant, pediatric and adolescent/young adult oncology as well as the Gulf Souths only dedicated multidisciplinary developmental pediatrics center.
- Ochsner Hospital for Children is the only hospital in Louisiana or Mississippi to be ranked by US News and World Reports Best Childrens hospitals- for 3 years in a row. Ochsner Hospital for Children is also a member of the Childrens Hospital Association and participates in Solutions for Patient Safety, one of the largest patient safety organizations in the country, and one dedicated entirely to pediatric care.
- Integrated practice model with strong, internal referral network.
- Support available from specialists and sub-specialists throughout Ochsner Health System.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System.
- Option to participate in education of medical students, residents and/or Advanced Practice Professionals.
- Opportunities to grow into other leadership roles.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Board certified or eligible in general pediatrics and in your pediatric subspecialty (if applicable)
- Experience with leadership of physicians leveraging a strong focus on patient and family experience
- Willingness to work across a system spread across multiple regions and multiple specialties
ABOUT OCHSNER HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN
Ochsner Hospital for Children has been ranked among the top 50 childrens hospitals 3 years in a row, including pediatric gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery specialties in the 2018-19 U.S. News and World Report Best Childrens Hospitals rankings. It is also the only childrens hospital in Louisiana or Mississippi ever recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a specialty top 50 in pediatric heart care and has now been ranked by USNWR for 2 years in a row!
Interested physicians should apply to: https://ochsner.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/OchsnerPhysician/job/Baton-Rouge---Baton-Rouge-Region---Louisiana/Pediatrics-Section-Head---Ochsner-Baton-Rouge---Physician-Opportunity_REQ_00071006
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS RECEIVED BY OCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER BATON ROUGE
Beckers Hospital Review
- Only Louisiana hospital ranked in Beckers Hospital Review 100 Great Community Hospitals (2016)
Care Chex, a division of COMPARION
- Ranks in the top 10% of hospitals in the nation for medical excellence in 7 clinical categories including Overall Hospital Care, Overall Medical Care, Cardiac Care, Gastrointestinal Care, Neurological Care, Heart Attack Treatment, and Stroke Care. (2017)
- Patient Safety Excellence Award (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (2017)
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award (2017, 2016)
- Coronary Intervention Excellence Award (2017, 2016)
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award (2016)
- Earned an A grade in patient safety (2017, 2016)
Truven Health Analytics
- One of only 10 hospitals in the United States to receive the Truven Health Analytics Everest Award, an honor awarded to hospitals that have achieved both the highest current performance and the fastest long-term improvement over five years. (2017)
- Only hospital in Louisiana named in the Top 100 Hospitals (2017, 2016)
- Only hospital in Louisiana to be named to the "50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals" (2016)