Prepare weekly payroll, verifying accuracy of time for all hourly associates in Distribution.
Accountable and Reports to: Accounting/Payroll Coordinator
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Prepare weekly payroll, verifying accuracy of time and attendance records and make all necessary and approved corrections before payroll is processed.
* Print and distribute daily and weekly time and attendance reports as directed by Supervisor.
* Resolve all payroll inquiries and problems in accordance with Company guidelines, process pay advance checks to correct errors or for special payroll requests.
* Communicate with Supervisors, Phoenix Processing Center, Human Resources on associate pay issues.
* Maintain and update associate payroll files.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS: (These are considered occasional in nature)
* Assist with weekly payroll / labor report.
* Perform special projects at the request of the Controller / Accounting Manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: (Physical demands outlined on attached PAR sheet)
* Possess good oral and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with union associates, Supervisors, Payroll Department, and Human Resources.
* Ability to comprehend union contract, follow direction well, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Possess good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail.
* Ability to interpret and analyze computer generated reports and possess strong PC skills, including Excel.
* Previous experience in payroll systems; Work Brain and People Soft is helpful. Ability to learn basic payroll principles and procedures, terminology and practices is essential.
* Work is performed under normal office conditions in a temperature controlled environment.
* Incumbent may sit for long periods of time (usually an 8 hour shift) at a desk or terminal.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
* Computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment in the course of the workday.
* To include all DC departments: Facility & Maintenance, Warehouse Operations, Transportation and HR as well as Corp/Division Payroll.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled