PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Responsible for organizing, supervising and directing the delivery of quality patient care and coordinating department based activities. Supervises nursing personnel on assigned unit/shift including: interpreting department policies and procedures, participating in identification and investigation of problems. Facilitates change and executes initiatives to achieve top percentile performance in patient safety, quality outcomes, and patient satisfaction rankings. Leads cooperation with patient care team to maintain standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Complies with the California Nurse Practice Act, Article 2, Section 2725 of the Business and Professions Code.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Computer skills
- Current California RN license.
- Two years recent experience in specialty area.
- Management experience preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- LA City fire card within 6 months of employment.
- Department specific certifications, ie.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V