Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
As a Dependency Specialist you will provide specialized assistance to Dependency staff and the children and families in care. You will provide education and support services with the end goal of aiding in family stability and success, in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Mission driven uplifting work culture
- Great benefits suite
- Generous paid time off including holidays
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Culture for continuous improvement and only being the best!
- Coordinate planning strategies with other agencies as applicable
- Assist in the assessment client’s behaviors and emotional needs to determine the best possible home match.
- Provide on call support after hours and provide transportation.
- Provide on site support to prevent placement disruption and may carry caseload.
- Facilitate placement needs of children (Medicaid/SSN card, Blue Book, medical information).
- Receive and review referrals for placement in CHS homes and Conduct home visits.
- Act as a liaison with the case manager, school and other parties relevant to a child placed in a CHS home.
- Review and follow up on incident reports pertaining to incidents in CHS foster or adoptive homes.
- Maintain positive relationships with other agencies and community members as applicable.
- Attend court hearings, testify in court proceedings, and prepare documentation for court proceedings.
- Receive and process requests for placement, re-placement, respite, or step down/step-up in level of care for children in care or sheltered.
- Maintain close contact with approved providers of care and secure daily reports of bed availability.
- Monitor and evaluate cases where a child has been in a shelter setting longer than 30 days.
- Coordinate the permanency plans and visitation agreements are in place in cases where siblings are separated.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and implement plans
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, problem solve and manage multiple tasks
- Effective leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Well organized and results oriented with strong customer service skills
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field
- Two years of experience in the delivery of services in a dependency environment
- Child Protection Professional certification/Child Welfare Case Manager Certification through Florida Certification Board required
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- MSW or related master’s degree
- Experience training or supervising foster parents
- MAPP or PRIDE certification
- Experience or knowledge of special needs children
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.