***WE CAN NOT SUB-VEND OR PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME***
IF QUALIFIED, PLEASE SEND MOST UP TO DATE RESUME TO WKENDRICK@APEXSYSTEMS.COM
Position: Deployment Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
- Provide Tier 3 systems support, supporting project initiatives in continuous service improvement, and the performance of system administration tasks and system maintenance activities.
- Responsible for crucial infrastructure services including Storage Area Networks, Web Hosting, System Monitoring, and system administration for multiple Windows and Linux servers
- Provides all aspects of system administration, operations, and application support for services supported for the customer
- The team covers the design, implementation, operations and decommissioning phases of applications and instances for these services
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years of Senior Windows and Linux Systems Administration in an enterprise environment.
- 5 years of Senior AWS and Azure Administration in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to demonstrate senior AWS and Azure skills during the interview process
- Knowledge of Linux RHEL, Apache and network configuration and troubleshooting
- VMWare and ESX Hypervisors proficiency
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks
- Expertise in using and configuring Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
- Experience Installing and configuring Windows and Linux hosts in a Cloud environment. Configuring VPCs and subnets
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools (i.e. Ansible & Jenkins)
- Requires the ability to configure log file management with auditing capabilities. (i.e. Splunk)
- Ability to develop, produce and maintain system and data center documentation, including adherence to defined change management process and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of change & incident management. The ability to test and validate updates and changes to the Windows and Linux instances without adverse effects on the production environment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178