SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for overseeing the Deposit & Data Operations departments in order to efficiently process deposit products and to retain and utilize information relating to these products; participating with the Technology Services Manager in establishing specific goals for the department; determining work procedures and expediting work flow; implementing new products and services; ensuring the department's compliance with operating policies and procedures and outside regulatory requirements; providing periodic reports; and participating in various community events.
- Oversees the Deposit & Data Operations departments in order to efficiently process deposit products and to retain and utilize information relating to these products as follows:
- Oversees the processing of bank deposit accounts, e.g., demand deposit, savings, Time Deposits and IRAs.
- Performs and oversees research and analysis of deposit accounts for various purposes; takes appropriate action.
- Oversee accurate information, retention and record keeping.
- Performs or directs any required balancing and reconciling activities relating to deposit product general ledger accounts by reviewing those accounts on a regular basis.
- Maintains and updates bank level coding.
- Recommend and Implements new products and services.
- Establishes processing priorities to ensure daily work is processed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with regulatory changes.
- Oversee the processing of incoming/outgoing files, such as Fed and Remote Deposit Capture, are done within established deadlines
- Oversee all aspects of EFT to include ACH, Debit Card production and activity, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Remote Deposit.
- Assists in researching errors and problems by providing potential resolutions.
- Responsible for all Risk Management of Deposit Services activities including Vendor Management.
- Completes quarterly disclosure of SOX Certification and updates SOX controls as needed.
- Act as the liaison for all audit requests for the Deposit & Data Operations departments for both internal and external auditors.
- Serves as a member of various committees including but not limited to; Strategic Planning, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance Committee and Technology Committee.
- Responsible for budgeting for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures department personnel adhere to all operating policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements; monitors adherence and takes any corrective action necessary.
- Directly supervises assigned personnel as follows:
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Assists in the selection of new personnel as appropriate.
- Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel; oversees ongoing of existing personnel; trains new personnel as required.
- Reviews employee performance at the end of the introductory period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter.
- Consults with Technology Services Manager and Human Resources on any matters concerning corrective action procedures relating to employees in direct area of supervision.
- Makes all employment decisions consistent with the principles of applicable laws prohibiting discrimination.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy.
- Communicates with the Technology Services Manager and interfaces with other department managers and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
- Provides periodic reports to the Technology Services Manager, various committees and other groups as required throughout the bank.
- Communicates expectations and identifies key gaps in the behavior of direct reports. Develops plans to address performance gaps through the use of effective formal and informal coaching as outlined by F&M Trust's coaching certification principles.
A high school diploma or equivalent; specialized banking education and training is required.
A minimum of three (3) years' experience in related positions. Previous experience with personal computers, Word and Excel software and office equipment is also required.
Must possess broad knowledge of bank deposit accounts, EFT, online and mobile banking and remote deposit capture; and, a working knowledge of banking operations impacting the deposit services functions operations function. Also required are strong communication skills; well-developed interpersonal skills (with service orientation); demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills (with the ability to effectively facilitate and manage change); and above-average organizational, project management and analytical skills. Must have the ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with fellow bank employees and customers in all situations. Must be able to work at a pace that ensures established deadlines are met. A valid driver's license is required.