Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as legal counsel and attends meetings of boards and commissions.
- May act as legal advisor for County offices on involved matters.
- Prepares formal legislative measures, ordinances, resolutions, deeds, contracts, leases, and other legal instruments.
- Prosecutes legal action on behalf of, and defends actions against, the County and its subdivisions before courts of origin, appellate courts, and various administrative bodies.
- Confers with and advise officers of County departments and representatives of special districts on questions pertaining to their respective powers, duties, functions, and obligations.
- May provide lead direction and act as a legal resource to other professional staff.
- Assists the County Counsel, Assistant County Counsel, and Chief Deputy County Counsel as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Merced County Counsel Department 2222 M St Merced, California
Agency: County Counsel