RG is looking to hire a Deputy Director of Defense Operations. This role is critical in supporting RG’s vision, mission and overarching growth strategy. This position reports directly to the Director of Defense Operations and will work closely with RG’s Revenue Growth Management (RGM) Team to develop and drive short-term and long-term growth across the defense sector to include the Air Force, Army and Navy. The chosen candidate will be on a P&L responsibility career path and can expect to be involved with or responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
Client/Partner Focused Activities:
- Work closely with RGM Team and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify and understand client challenges and needs
- Act as a liaison between clients and RG leadership
- Facilitate relationships with customers and business partners
- Coordinate customer outreach strategy
- Identify major influencers and decision makers to help drive and sustain revenue growth
- Attend conferences and meetings representing business unit and directorate interests
Growth Focused Activities:
- Support and drive revenue targets
- Develop short- and long-term pipeline of opportunities
- Work with team to drive and track the overall win strategies for current and future pursuits
- Provide ongoing intelligence and updates regarding customer base and market trends & analysis
- Collaborate with RGM to maintain pipeline forecasts and opportunity updates
- Identify, monitor and track new opportunities using a variety of US Government & commercial procurement portals such as FedBizOps, GovWin, etc.
- Communicate strategy/opportunities to key stakeholders
- Help drive growth and capture management processes throughout opportunity life cycle (Identification, client validation, developing capture plans, research and data compilation, etc.)
- Develop whitepapers, collateral and earned media
- Support proposal process by developing win-themes and providing content to generate successful proposals
The Deputy Director of Defense Operationsis an exempt business professional who performs a wide range of tasks while providing support to employees and/or vendors for business operations.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- BA/BS Degree
- 10+ years of experience in Federal Government/DoD to include Navy/Air Force logistics experience (ALCs, Shipyards, FRCs, etc) in either a civilian or military role
- Prior military experience
- Experience and track record of growing contract revenue streams and/or managing budgets in an MRO environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify key stakeholders and business drivers within DoD organizations
- Excellent skills in MS Office Business Applications to include Word/Excel/SharePoint
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance (US Citizenship required)
- Excellent client-facing communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Work and travel flexibility to respond to priority work assignments in order to meet proposal schedule demands (Travel 30-50%)
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- Active Secret Clearance, ability to obtain Top Secret
- Leadership in Air Force or Navy Logistics Organizations (ALCs, Shipyards, FRCs)
- Master’s Degree
- DAWIA Program Management Certified Level II/III or PMP
- Strong business acumen of federal government contracting vehicles and proven success in business capture and proposal development
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
RGis an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients’ missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients’ strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients’ vision into reality.