Tracing our earliest roots to 1866, VTG has built a 150-year legacy of combining innovative technologies, deep domain knowledge, and advanced engineering and technical expertise with the agility needed to meet our Defense and National Security customers’ most challenging and dynamic mission requirements. VTG delivers force modernization and digital transformation solutions that expand America’s competitive advantage in the modern battlespace. Whether at sea, in the air, on land, or in cyberspace, our agile solutions ensure our Defense and National Security customers meet their most challenging and dynamic mission requirements. VTG delivers Tomorrow’s Transformation Today.
VTG is seeking Deputy Project Manager located in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Reviews complicated project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work schedule and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Assist in execution of System Operation Verification Tests and preparation of documentation.
- Conduct planning, site surveys, and configuration management functions.
- Manage the pack, move, unpack, inspect, and stage C2 Mission System equipment for installation in locations indicated in the IDP and as directed by the Government.
- Oversee a team to assemble, mount, and connect C2 Mission System equipment in locations indicated in the IDP and as directed by the Government.
- Assist in managing the preparation of installation drawings and as-built drawings.
- Make technical and procedural recommendations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and ten years of C4ISR experience. Prior defense contracting or military experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid driver’s license
- CPR certification
- Other Qualifications:
- Secret clearance required, eligible for TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass government background check and drug test
- Experience installing Audio/Video/Video Teleconferencing Systems and desktops preferred
- Experience with CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6 cabling, copper and Fiber
- Previous experience interpreting and complying with installation drawings and blueprints
- Must possess the physical ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces.
- Must be skilled with and have prior experience using common installation power and hand tools including hand-held saws, drills (including hammer drills), hole punches, levels, crimpers, fusion splicers, and conduit benders.
- Demonstrate a consistent record of good workmanship and compliance to standards.
- Personnel shall demonstrate advanced speed and accuracy when performing tasks such as attaching fiber optic connectors, RJ-45 connectors, and DB type connectors.
- Demonstrate above average speed and skill when performing tasks such as dressing cable installations so that the finished product presents a well organized and professional appearance.
- Must be profiecient in working with Microsoft Project.
- This is on a construction site. Safety equipment will be provided.
VT Group offers eligible employees a variety of comprehensive benefits programs, which may include:
- Medical insurance through a nationwide network
- Dental insurance for preventive, basic and major services
- Vision insurance that covers a wide range of services (subject to a specific co-pay or co-insurance amount)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for eligible health care and dependent care expenses
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.