Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
The Dermatology Account Specialist (DAS) position is responsible for driving demand for the CIMZIA® (certolizumab pegol) and future Dermatology pipeline assets in an assigned territory. Reinforcing the clinical features of the product, engaging and building relationships with clinical decision makers and office support staff, and working in concert with the broader UCB organization to create the best experiences for patients living with severe immunologic diseases.
The Dermatology Account Specialist will be required to demonstrate an excellence in the core UCB Stakeholder Facing Competencies to achieve sales goals and objectives for the Minneapolis, St. Cloud, MN Territory.
- Owning responsibility for attaining territory sales goals and objectives through effective territory planning, visiting clinical decision makers with appropriate reach/frequency, collaborating with the Immunology Clinical Specialist and other members of the UCB Patient Value Team.
- Developing a strong understanding and awareness of the patient journey of care, including taking responsibility for ensuring needed therapies get to the patient.
- Analyzing territory data to build and adapt a customer call plan to establish professional working relationships with HCP and support staff.
- Offering an outstanding patient experience with our product by communicating clinical information on dermatology products and relevant patient support services to an audience of health care professionals and office staff.
- Establishing an understanding of the local health care ecosystems, including the payor environment.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the competitive market place and drivers of prescriber decisions.
- Demonstrating the UCB Patient Value Strategy principles by establishing collaborative and team-oriented working relationships and integrating within a matrix environment.
- Conducting account related activities such as profiling, call planning, and reviewing UCB sales data with assigned stakeholders.
- Making strategic business decisions in the management of allocated resources such as financial/budgets, samples, access opportunities.
- Coordinating and supports promotional educational opportunities and programs intended to expand the knowledge of medical stakeholders and staff (e.g., peer-to-peer educational opportunities) in accordance with UCB policy.
- Staying current with all UCB training.
- Behaving compliantly with all UCB policies / approved messages and coaching the team to use of approved UCB sales materials and messages with HCPs and other external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree BA/BS
- 5 years direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device or healthcare industry that has included:
- Experience in reimbursement
- Discussing therapeutic strategies to inform and influence decision makers
- Developing and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills
- Executing marketing strategies at the local level
- Experience with injectable biologics products
- Demonstrated business and strategic planning skills to identify unique selling opportunities and adaptability to changing market conditions
- Demonstrated understanding of managed care landscape and how it influences/impacts business
- Strong verbal, influencing, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and success working in teams
- Resides within assigned geography
- Experience calling on Dermatologists is strongly preferred
- Biologic sales experience is a plus
- Product launch experience is strongly preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver License. No more than 2 moving violations in the previous three-year period.
- Ability to drive and/or fly to meetings and client sites
- Some overnight travel required 25-50%, depending on geographic assignment
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
Job Segment: Dermatology, Biotech, Immunology, Medical, Customer Service, Healthcare, Science