- Learn about the Design and Development process at KCI
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities of Design Assurance Engineering
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
Follow a Design Assurance Engineer for a 2 months and learn about:
- Supporting new product development teams to assure the quality and reliability of new products.
- Development of Design Inputs - RTM
- Develop Quality Plans for New Products
- Facilitate risk management process
- Liaison between R&D project teams and Supplier Quality for qualification of new components/assemblies and suppliers.
- Ensure drawings/specifications are clear
- Product verification and validation
- Review labeling
- Learn about CAPA Process
- Change Control Board – Change Plans / Change Orders
- Tools: Gage R&R, Robustness, etc.
- Help in developing and completing a QP.
Skills and Experiences:
Required skills and experiences for this internship; examples below
- Enrolled in Undergraduate or Graduate program in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Computer Science or Bio-medical)
- Completed at least 2 years in Undergraduate or 1 year in Graduate
- Experience with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Undergraduate Program(Engineering): Atleast 2 years or
- Graduate Program (Engineering): Atleast 1 year
Project Title: Design Assuarance Engineering Intern
Project Scope and Deliverables:
- Presentation to include lessons learned regarding Acelity business structure, products, quality processes and specific lessons learned related to field of study.
- Define and fulfill three self-defined goals.
- Participate in performance review/feedback session with section manager.
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor