Our customer is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. Our customer enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Odyssey is looking for a Design Drafter to support all tail number groups in W Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Specific job responsibilities include delivery of product definition defining components and assemblies. The successful candidate is also required to have experience in design, fabrication, and engineering concepts in order to work with weapons engineers, physicist, and other technicians to create, document, and configuration management part and assembly designs. The successful applicant must also have experience with a Product Data Management tool, preferably PDMLink, 3D Computer Aided Design, preferably Creo, and feminization with standards utilized in Nuclear Security Enterprise programs. The successful candidate will perform design calculations to ensure form, fit, function; apply design engineering principles for development, fabrication, assembly, and testing of components and assemblies; and collaborate within diverse teams focused on planned milestones and deliverables.
• Position typically requires a minimum of five years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated use of computer-aided design (CAD) software to produce unique drawings/layouts of components, assemblies, and systems.
• Demonstrated experience generating complete design packages for complex components, assemblies and/or systems.
• Demonstrated experience using industry codes, standards, and in working with customers to develop specifications and to prepare work plans, drawings and layouts.
• Proven experience in working with an engineering team to ensure quality standards are met when developing 3D driven CAD drawings and design models.
• Proven ability to apply engineering design principles to design and fabricate components and assemblies.
• Demonstrated mechanical design experience applied in areas such as precision mechanisms, machine tooling, and fixturing, weapon system components, and gas handling systems.
• Working knowledge of ASME Y series design/drafting standards, including Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Y14.41.
• Sound knowledge of hardware fabrication processes.
• Demonstrated experience in CAD solid modeling and experience utilizing model checking tools and defining modeling best practices.
• Demonstrated record of developing constructive, cooperative working relationships in a team environment as well as a record of successfully working independently.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Los Alamos, NM, 87544
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD. LTD, PTO, Retirement)
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.