Humanscale is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work. Our award-winning office products –seating, sit/stand desks, technology support and lighting – have led the industry in performance and simplicity for over 30 years
Humanscale Design Studio is the creative force that drives Humanscale, the leading manufacturer of ergonomic products for the workplace. Our passion is designing products that combine uncompromising function and honest aesthetics with ultimate ease-of-use.
We seek an exceptional individual to join the engineering team as a Design Engineer III focusing on new product development. The successful applicant must possess a background as a design engineer of consumer products, an analytical and creative mind, a willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment, and an outstanding work ethic.
- Participate and manage the development effort of multiple products simultaneously ensuring cost, schedule, and performance requirements are met
- Work with Product Managers to translate product requirements into specification documents
- Lead brainstorm sessions and conceptualize solutions to real-world problems
- Manage the construction of prototypes. Develop and execute test plans to evaluate product performance and reliability
- Research new technologies, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Using CAD software, develop 3D models of parts and assemblies
- Perform theoretical engineering analysis on prospective designs
- Develop and check engineering drawings to ensure that necessary information for manufacturing and assembly is clearly communicated
- Interface with manufacturers to ensure part manufacturability and acceptability
- Review off-tool samples and inspection reports and work to resolve manufacturing issues
- Interface with operations team to coordinate product launch activities
- Manage external engineering consulting resources
- Refine internal product development processes
- Minimum 6 years experience as a design engineer in product development.
- Established record successfully developing products similar to those at Humanscale
- Exceptional understanding of mechanisms and electro-mechanical systems
- Skilled using 3-D modeling software such as Solidworks
- Skilled engineering parts using most common manufacturing processes and materials
- Skilled working with manufacturers to creating suitable engineering drawings
- Skilled working directly with overseas vendors to solve manufacturing issues
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences through conversation, presentations, and email
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Must be able to do repetitive bending and stretching
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k with company matching
Humanscale is an Equal Opportunity Employer.