- Support component development group to design and develop concepts to the satisfaction of internal and external customers to ensure the needs of the components division are met.
- Experience designing and developing automotive connectors and terminals are mandatory.
- Experience using 3D CAD software.
- Knowledge of design for injection molded components.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of progressive engineering experience.
- Produce design concepts using 3D CAD (CATIA V5)
- Works to timelines submitted by program manager
- Produces 2D drawing in accordance with company guidelines
- Be responsible for design/development from concept, through tooling, testing, and into production
- Liaise with customers, internal and external, act as an ambassador for Sumitomo at all times
- Travel when necessary for design reviews, customer meetings etc
- Perform all design calculations to ensure products are designed optimally
- Produce designs in accordanbce with TS procedures
- Interface with SWS and SEWS Scottsville Plant