Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement commercial truck design improvements utilizing a variety of fabrication methods including forming, casting, and injection molding.
- Utilize Creo Parametric to create complex assemblies that meet structural, ergonomic, aesthetic, and quality goals.
- Work through the Product Creation Process utilizing Tollgate to manage projects, report updates and put Six Sigma skills to use regularly.
- Make use of PACCAR and industry systems to manage implementation of product changes by tracking status of project schedule, budget, and functional requirements.
- Work with internal and external organizations to validate the designs.
- Work closely with multiple PACCAR divisions.
- Manage multiple priorities and goals simultaneously.
- Apply creativity to design tasks and propose innovative approaches to standard work.
- Up to 10% travel.
Qualifications & Skills
- BSME required
- Masters degree in business or engineering and/or P.E. certificate are always a plus
- Proficiency using Creo Parametric or other CAD solid modeling software preferred.
- 3+ years of engineering experience and experience with high-volume-manufactured products would be preferred
- Competence in the use of personal computer software such as word processing, database, and spreadsheets are required
- Candidate should be willing to make use of engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems
- Requires independent judgment and effective project management.
- Ability to manage costs, time and resources; strong self-motivation.