MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Design Engineer who will be responsible for designing and reviewing truss design drawings for the metal plate connected wood truss industry. Individual will also be responsible for designing truss repair details for problems submitted from the component manufacturer. Individual will be accountable to the Chief Engineer for the effective performance of all duties and for the fulfilling of all responsibilities.
- Takes customers' engineering requests for special truss designs.
- Assists customers in entering truss designs in their computers and answering engineering questions.
- Checks customers' truss design drawings for structural accuracy, and informs the customer when there are changes required.
- Designs the special engineering and repair details requested by the component manufacturer.
- Sends the truss designs and repair details to the Professional Engineers for final review and approval.
- Fill in for other truss engineers as required.
- Performs other duties and projects requested by the Chief Engineer and the Engineering Manager as required.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school): Required
- Experience: 1 plus years of experience
- Computer Skills: MS Office suite of products.
- Other Requirements: College degree in Civil Engineering or other related Engineering field. Strong skills in algebra, trigonometry, physics, statistics and strength of materials is required.
MiTek is an E-Verify and
Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard To race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.