This role will support engineering design and release activities.
Essential Duties (This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned):
- Develop and Design Exterior Lighting components for all vehicle Exterior Lighting Systems
- Engage in supplier selection and management for Exterior Lighting components
- Conduct design reviews for Exterior Lighting parts and their iterative designs
- Support the development of best practices for design and release engineering
- Work cross functionally to ensure integration of Exterior Lighting components into the vehicle
- Deliver components within program budget, weight, quality and timing constraints
- Ensure component development is in line with program gateway targets
- Production release responsible for all Exterior Lighting across Body. You will be the technical sign-off for all your content.
- Lead collaborative development for Exterior Lighting including interfaces with Body & Interior engineering, studio design, attributes, commercial and customer experience teams
- Responsible for Exterior Lighting release throughout the program lifecycle, including: concept design, supplier engagement, BOM management, systems requirements, simulation analysis, prototype builds, validation testing, and production support
- Supporting the development of best practices for design and release engineering through creating design guides and detailed commodity technical specifications
- Developing and managing Exterior Lighting system, subsystem, and component information through the Enovia PLM to Catia V6 environment
- Engage in debate and discussions during all body design reviews for Exterior Lighting
- Develop a high level of technical competence within the in-house team in order to provide a significant and immediate DFM support to the design process without necessarily relying on suppliers
- Once suppliers are engaged, deliver prompt and accurate DFM input into the design process to achieve releases and to avoid styling process delays
- Supporting supplier selection and development with heavy interfaces to the purchasing and commercial team
- CATIA V6, PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent skills and expertise are required
- 3+ years automotive component DRE or Sr. DRE with cradle to grave design include multiple product launches
- An understanding of Exterior Lighting in your 3+ years of working with these components
- CAD design experience for Exterior Lighting including an excellent understanding of those systems & components which surround & interface to Exterior Lighting
- CAD part design experience in Catia V6 as well as an understanding of early concept development
- Knowledge of automotive design and development process, system requirements, and engineering best practices
- A passion for innovation and driving efficient design
- A positive attitude and competitive approach to continuously improving design
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Goken America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Goken America is an Engineering Services and Product Development company founded in 2004. At Goken America we strive to expand and deliver upon our company motto of “Creating Something Different”. We are continually striving to strengthen our organization, and are always seeking talented individuals who have a strong desire to work in an environment where they can make a difference.
Our “Vision” is to empower our associates to affect change wherever change is needed. Our “Mission” is that in building trust we foster greatness in our people, excellence in our clients and impact in our communities.
Goken America provides an excellent benefits package, one month of paid time off per year and a very competitive compensation plan. In addition, when applicable, we will also provide relocation assistance, temporary housing, visa support and other fringe benefits.