We are looking for a�Design Engineer III�to join our�Azusa�office!
Here at Sunbelt Controls, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our recent customers: Boeing, UCSF Hospital, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 30 years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Why join Sunbelt? Sunbelt Controls is a leader in building automation. Our objective is to improve occupant comfort (such as yourself), create efficient operation of building systems, and create a reduction in energy consumption and operating cost. An energy-efficient building saves money and is environmentally friendly. Without us, the building is just an empty box. We bring it to life.
The position requires the individual to apply their extensive technical knowledge and any prior experience for the production of controls project design, material selection, and development of sequence of operation for all assigned projects. In addition, this position will be responsible for the production of closeout documents at the completion of each project. A high level of computer skills and understanding of computer-operated systems and engineering design tools (e.g. AutoCAD, VISIO, EDS) is required. Additionally, the individual is required to closely interact with the Project Manager and/or assigned Project Engineer in the timely completion of each project and provide support on pre-sales activity. �Strong leadership and organizational skills are necessities to drive the design on large scale projects while working in a fast-paced environment. The individual must possess the ability to mentor and aid in the development of junior-level Design Engineers which is essential to the growth of the company. Some travel and job site visits may be required.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Performs as a Lead Design Engineer in the production of controls systems design drawings, sequence of operations and submittals for large and complex control systems.
- Researches and selects control system peripherals.
- Reads and interprets construction drawings and project specifications and ensures that the control systems design complies with the specs.
- Collaborates with other members of the project team to identify additional options for the customer (e.g. Energy Efficiency, Equipment Interface, Value Engineering).
- Analyzes and advises Project Manager and/or assigned Project Engineer regarding appropriate control application strategy and available options.
- Performs modification of previously produced controls designs to reflect field changes made during the implementation process (As-Builts)
- Generates Operation & Maintenance manuals at the close of a project.
- Manages time and costs budgets for assigned project tasks as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Provides pre-sales technical project development support to the Project Managers in applications and cost estimating input as required.
- Provides design solutions to field technicians and/or systems software engineers in a timely and effective manner to resolve field issues while limiting downtime.
- Communicates effectively with all other project team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from the field.
- Communicates effectively to submit daily and/or weekly summary of work reports to the project team leadership.
- �Manages weekly time allocations to multiple assigned projects for on-time weekly submission of the individual�s timesheet.
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety requirements of all assigned projects.
- Attends and successfully completes the OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 safety training classes.
- Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of any assigned formal training and development plans.
- Responsible for the coaching, mentoring and development of junior-level Design Engineers.
- Supports the Technical Services Manager in additional internal administrative activities as required.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Associates degree in a technical field or 6-10 years of related work experience in building automation systems. Bachelor�s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrates a strong mechanical aptitude and a thorough understanding of controls systems.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the ALC product line and requirements as well as other vendor products, systems, and protocols.
- Ability to read construction blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure, AutoCAD, VISIO.
- Individual must possess a strong aptitude and experience to TCP/IP network structure and web navigation.
- Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the schedules given by Sunbelt leadership.
- Has the ability to operate independently and autonomously and take ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Must possess a valid California driver�s license.�
- Ability to execute their work to ensure high customer satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable.
- Demonstrates an ability to delegate basic and/or �stretch� tasks to less experienced staff and assign resource correctly to diagnose/address issues.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are a requirement of this position.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture�-�We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP�� Employee Stock Ownership Program.�An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off -�including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs ��Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
SUNBELT CONTROLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa sponsorship.