Design Engineer, PKG
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Work under the guidance of a Project Engineer to develop models in Autodesk Inventor 3D. There may be the occasion where work will be done in AutoCAD 2D.
- Receive verbal instructions, customer specifications, or concept sketches to create details and assembly drawings for manufacturing.
- Responsible for sizing of mechanical components used in his design (shafts, bearings, sprockets)
- Design Engineer will be responsible for specification of purchased components as required.
- Assignments may include equipment layout, sheet metal and fabrication design.
- Understand custom machine design, GD&T techniques, manufacturing methods and best practices of CAD to create accurate drawings that reflect cost effective manufacturing.
- Mobility as required to review equipment during construction on factory floor.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings and equipment troubleshooting.
Required Education and Experience:
- 8+ years Inventor experience or SolidWorks experience required.
- 6+ years of experience in machined component designl
- BSME or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- 8+ years of CAD experience including 3-D modeling and drafting.
- Knowledge of design and manufacturability (DFM).
- Experience creating sheet metal and fabrication drawings.
- Experience creating part and assembly drawings.
- Experienced creating machined components and drawings
- Previous experience with food machinery preferred.
- Experience with FEA (Finite Element Analysis) is a plus.
- Experience working in SAP is preferred.
Heat and Control are continually seeking qualified professionals to join our dedicated team of employees. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and opportunities to continue developing your skills and build a career. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply using the link provided and someone from our team will reach out directly to discuss.
Mechanical Design Engineer