Start a conversation today with Jones|Carter about your career in Civil Engineering.
Jones|Carter continues to grow in Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin. Our Houston offices are expanding. Several of our Civil Engineering practices are actively recruiting for leadership positions.
Jones|Carter is an award-winning, full-service civil engineering, planning, surveying, and professional consulting firm assisting public and private sector clients in design, development, implementation, and execution of infrastructure projects. For over 40 years, we have assisted our clients in a variety of projects including water and wastewater treatment plants, storm drainage, transportation, planning, construction management, and surveying. We have 10 locations across Texas: Houston, Plano, Fort Worth, Austin, Round Rock, The Woodlands, Rosenberg, College Station, Katy, and San Antonio. We currently employ over 550 experienced design professionals and support staff with plans for continued expansion and growth in our future.
- Using prescribed methods, applies basic engineering concepts, practices and techniques to engineering or construction assignments – projects or work sites - of moderate complexity. This includes technical work like design calculations, reading and interpreting surveys, researching design options, writing technical reports, creating and reviewing reports, CADD review and drafting, arranging permitting requirements and project task management.
- Self-manages work through to completion and may provide assistance to, or provide a leadership role to, less experienced engineers. Responsible for reviewing work for discrepancies or inconsistencies and is able to adjust and correlate data to address and/or correct those.
- Understands engineering conditions and laws and permitting organizations such as city, state and county entities: is able to research, identify and apply permitting process and code requirements to engineering assignments.
- Develops plans and specifications and cost estimates for routine projects and assignments, or under the guidance of a senior engineer, more complex ones.
- Attends design meetings and interacts with clients at his or her level of experience – may work with client managers to develop client relationships.
- May require field-based activities like coordination with construction services, inspections and/or reviewing sites with client groups.
- Provides client support, which might include attending design meetings, routine and/or regular interaction with clients and client managers, and working with marketing for formal communication and presentation support during the execution of projects and proposals.
- Implements JCs QA/QC process.
- Builds and maintains relationships with others on the project teams: works collaboratively to ensure that technical, quality and client requirements are implemented on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering or science field.
- 3+ years design engineering experience in single-family residential and/or site development projects in the DFW area.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Texas (optional).
- Valid TX driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD/Civil 3D.