As a furniture store committed to helping people achieve the home of their dreams, our design managers have two highly defined skills: interior design and training. They must be able to help people reflect their personal style and be able to pass this skill on to the sales team.
At Bassett, our free in-home design service not only sets us apart from other furniture stores but is a key ingredient for developing customer relationships and providing opportunity for increased sales. We refer to this technique as “makeovers”. The design manager not only trains design consultants on effective housecall selling, but works side by side with them on preparing customer presentations, product choices, window treatments and other customer design needs. The design manager is also responsible for maintaining the design center, driving sales in furniture, accessories, and window treatments through the design process, and providing back up for the store manager.
Bassett design managers are compensated on an annual salary plus bonus.
Position requirements include:
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in interior design, visual merchandising or other design-related field
- Experience and strength in both soft and hard window treatments
- Ability to train and coach a sales team with varying levels of design skills
- Ability to develop complete room plans using creative space and color planning
- Working knowledge of effective merchandising
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Willingness to work most weekends and holidays
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.