This position will be responsible for coordinating and supporting all areas of the gift concept development process. The tasks will entail creating, issuing and managing all Design requests/forms to Sourcing, Purchasing and Graphics teams from start to finish/receipt of the request.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for: managing multiple projects concurrently and be highly proficient at multi-tasking. Also, assisting with the Sales/Design to Sourcing recap process with attention to detail.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works effectively creating, managing and tracking all Design requests for Sourcing, Purchasing and Graphics for all customer projects.
- Manages all product sample requests from concept to commit.
- Maintains all tracking spreadsheets/logs for each request type and provide status updates.
- Create and track all Design recaps for distribution to the respective departments.
- Create concept requests in Excel and/or Power Point for interdepartmental use and/or customers as needed for sample procurement.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of our international/domestic vendors and their capabilities.
- Attend and assist with customer presentations and meetings.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand customer and industry trends in the competitive environment of gift/product sourcing.
- Review all requests for updated information and identify potential issues.
- Assist the Designers with the recap process after a presentation with sample identification, photos, specifications, including size, color and material/substrate.
- Assist with concept meeting preparation and presentation.
- Develop a knowledge of our vendors and their respective specialties.
- Travel to China with our Creative team to support the gift concept development process.
Administrative and Other Responsibilities:
- Maintain/update Spreadsheets
- Assist the Designer team by preparing all requests in Excel forms.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Design department as needed.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Light to moderate sample/gift lifting up to 35 pounds
Typical Working Conditions:
- Office Environment
- Warehouse Sample areas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Organizational and/or Project Management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects within a dynamic environment.
- Proficient with MS Office: Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word
- Typing minimum 40 WPM
- Ability to take photos for samples requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Design knowledge including, but not limited to: substrates, materials, colors and print processes.
- Works well in Team Environments
- Experience in hard goods sourcing/product development
- Ability to travel to internationally.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- BA/BS Degree or AA with industry experience